TopGear.com10 September 2013
2015 Civic Type R: first details
Honda says it’ll have at least 276bhp and will beat the FWD Nurburgring lap record
Even though there are two more years of development left, Manabu Nishimae, President of Honda Motor Europe, announced his ambitious projections at this year's Frankfurt motor show, alongside slightly more boring news that the British-built 2014 Civic Tourer will emit 99g/km of C02 and 74.3mpg
Nishimae says: "We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, and have already set a time approaching the lap record."
Look at the pics, watch the video, then tell us which manufacturers d'you think will give Honda the most trouble setting the record, TopGear.commers?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- TG's big road test: Volvo XC90
- Schoolrun fashion has never looked so smart. The new XC90 is here, and it's good
- Rise of the crossovers: it's Merc's GLC Coupe concept
- MB unveils preview of upcoming BMW X4 rival in Shanghai. Will the onslaught of coupe-SUVs ever end?
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts