TopGear.com10 September 2013
2015 Civic Type R: first details
Honda says it’ll have at least 276bhp and will beat the FWD Nurburgring lap record
Even though there are two more years of development left, Manabu Nishimae, President of Honda Motor Europe, announced his ambitious projections at this year's Frankfurt motor show, alongside slightly more boring news that the British-built 2014 Civic Tourer will emit 99g/km of C02 and 74.3mpg
Nishimae says: "We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, and have already set a time approaching the lap record."
Look at the pics, watch the video, then tell us which manufacturers d'you think will give Honda the most trouble setting the record, TopGear.commers?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'