TopGear.com10 September 2013
2015 Civic Type R: first details
Honda says it’ll have at least 276bhp and will beat the FWD Nurburgring lap record
Even though there are two more years of development left, Manabu Nishimae, President of Honda Motor Europe, announced his ambitious projections at this year's Frankfurt motor show, alongside slightly more boring news that the British-built 2014 Civic Tourer will emit 99g/km of C02 and 74.3mpg
Nishimae says: "We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, and have already set a time approaching the lap record."
Look at the pics, watch the video, then tell us which manufacturers d'you think will give Honda the most trouble setting the record, TopGear.commers?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one