Vijay Pattni11 September 2013
The 690bhp 6x6 Brabus B63S is here
It was only a matter of time: Brabus tunes the 6x6 G63 AMG, yours for £400k
Unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show, it's a one-off show car designed to garner opinion on a potential ten-car run, and should you want one, it's yours for over £400,000 (€482,000).
So what do you get for your money, besides the trembling subservience of puny humans? Well, Brabus takes a stock Mercedes 6x6 G-Wagen, itself a monster of a car, and replaces the 5.5-litre V8's twin turbos with special Brabus blowers with larger compressor units producing a higher boost pressure.
Then there's gold heat reflection ‘sheathing' for the intake and charge-air pipes to lower the air temperature, high-performance catalysts with 2.9in downpipes, a full stainless steel exhaust system custom built for this Brabus G63, ‘Coming Home' and ‘Sport' modes (the former presumably to prevent your dog's ears from melting), and a specially calibrated ECU.
The result? A frankly bonkers 690bhp, 708lb ft of torque, and a 0-62mph time of 7.4 seconds. This, in a car weighing FOUR TONNES. Top speed is limited to, well, it doesn't matter - if something gets in your way, just destroy it (100mph, since you asked).
There's a Brabus front spoiler. There's a carbon fibre bonnet scoop. Mirror polished Brabus underride guard protection, dark-tinted LED lights, and a cockpit carpet-bombed with red leather, TV screens in the rear headrests, stainless-steel scuff plates and aluminium componentry. TG is lightly terrified of this Brabus 6x6 G63. And wants one desperately.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Road trip: hunting for old Minis in Chile
- A small British hatch. The driest, wildest place on Earth. What could go wrong?
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV