The Dubai police force has just given us a new reason to get arrested - it's added a Brabus-tuned G63 AMG to its fleet.
Matthew Jones05 November 2013
Dubai police get a Brabus G63 AMG
Which joins a fleet that includes an Aventador and Ferrari FF…
Yep, the 690bhp B637 "700 Widestar" is the latest lump of exotica the Emirati rozzers can tool around in. And with a top speed of 149mph, 0-60mph time of 4.9 seconds and a roster of off-road credentials, it'll be able to bring many deserty high-speed pursuits to a close.
It rounds off the Dubai police force's crim-troubling armada of 217mph Lamborghini Aventador (for high-speed motorway chases), 208mph four-wheel drive Ferrari FF (for, er, wintry high-speed motorway chases), and 197mph Bentley Continental (for storing more than one assailant).
Trumps the Italian Carabinieri's Evora, doesn't it? But doesn't get anywhere near Richard's Vitara...
We'll be at the Dubai motor show to mop more exclusive live pics, so keep checking back to see what we've discovered...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'