The Dubai police force has just given us a new reason to get arrested - it's added a Brabus-tuned G63 AMG to its fleet.
Matthew Jones05 November 2013
Dubai police get a Brabus G63 AMG
Which joins a fleet that includes an Aventador and Ferrari FF…
Yep, the 690bhp B637 "700 Widestar" is the latest lump of exotica the Emirati rozzers can tool around in. And with a top speed of 149mph, 0-60mph time of 4.9 seconds and a roster of off-road credentials, it'll be able to bring many deserty high-speed pursuits to a close.
It rounds off the Dubai police force's crim-troubling armada of 217mph Lamborghini Aventador (for high-speed motorway chases), 208mph four-wheel drive Ferrari FF (for, er, wintry high-speed motorway chases), and 197mph Bentley Continental (for storing more than one assailant).
Trumps the Italian Carabinieri's Evora, doesn't it? But doesn't get anywhere near Richard's Vitara...
We'll be at the Dubai motor show to mop more exclusive live pics, so keep checking back to see what we've discovered...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren names its 'baby' supercar 570S
- With the Sports Series unveil just a week away, McLaren reveals title of its 562bhp Porsche 911-fighter
- America’s 290mph, 1700bhp hypercar
- Strangely styled LM2 Streamliner takes its bow at next week’s New York show. 0-60mph? 2.2 secs…
- Clarkson on: leaving Top Gear TV
- "Much as I liked Pebble Mill, I really did grow to hate, with unbridled passion, the city that surrounds it"
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Who is Magnus Walker?
- Porsche restorer, clothing designer and location scout... meet the Yorkshire lad turned LA hipster