Rowan Horncastle12 November 2013
Fighter jets with F1 paintjobs!
Planes in old racing liveries make Top Gear very very happy
And now another man who's on a similar brainwave has gone arguably even better. DeviantArt whizz Bill Clave has combined two of TG's favourite things - old planes and old F1 liveries - into one glorious whole.
Clave has taken old fighters like the Spitfire, Hurricane and Jeremy's favourite, the English Electric Lightning, and treated them a new lick of classic F1 paint. All our favourites are there: Rothmans, JPS, Benneton, Team Lotus... the lot.
Click through and tell us which is your favourite... and which plane/livery combo Bill should whip up next.
Illustrations: Bill Clave
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- First UK drive: Mercedes-AMG GT S
- It’s our first shot in Merc’s 503bhp, V8 sports car on home roads. Brit correspondent Ollie Marriage reports