Rowan Horncastle12 November 2013
Fighter jets with F1 paintjobs!
Planes in old racing liveries make Top Gear very very happy
And now another man who's on a similar brainwave has gone arguably even better. DeviantArt whizz Bill Clave has combined two of TG's favourite things - old planes and old F1 liveries - into one glorious whole.
Clave has taken old fighters like the Spitfire, Hurricane and Jeremy's favourite, the English Electric Lightning, and treated them a new lick of classic F1 paint. All our favourites are there: Rothmans, JPS, Benneton, Team Lotus... the lot.
Click through and tell us which is your favourite... and which plane/livery combo Bill should whip up next.
Illustrations: Bill Clave
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance