Rowan Horncastle12 November 2013
Fighter jets with F1 paintjobs!
Planes in old racing liveries make Top Gear very very happy
And now another man who's on a similar brainwave has gone arguably even better. DeviantArt whizz Bill Clave has combined two of TG's favourite things - old planes and old F1 liveries - into one glorious whole.
Clave has taken old fighters like the Spitfire, Hurricane and Jeremy's favourite, the English Electric Lightning, and treated them a new lick of classic F1 paint. All our favourites are there: Rothmans, JPS, Benneton, Team Lotus... the lot.
Click through and tell us which is your favourite... and which plane/livery combo Bill should whip up next.
Illustrations: Bill Clave
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'