Rowan Horncastle12 November 2013
Fighter jets with F1 paintjobs!
Planes in old racing liveries make Top Gear very very happy
And now another man who's on a similar brainwave has gone arguably even better. DeviantArt whizz Bill Clave has combined two of TG's favourite things - old planes and old F1 liveries - into one glorious whole.
Clave has taken old fighters like the Spitfire, Hurricane and Jeremy's favourite, the English Electric Lightning, and treated them a new lick of classic F1 paint. All our favourites are there: Rothmans, JPS, Benneton, Team Lotus... the lot.
Click through and tell us which is your favourite... and which plane/livery combo Bill should whip up next.
Illustrations: Bill Clave
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Why the McLaren 570S leaves me cold
- ‘Feels born of cynicism, not passion.’ Sam Philip puts the case against the new ‘baby’ McLaren