First it was guns, then it was ethanol-powered Canadian blobs, now it's this - whole concept cars, 3D-printable for free.
Matthew Jones31 January 2014
Free Honda concept cars for everyone
All you need is a 3D printer and low expectations (they’re only models)
And by whole concept car we of course mean very small models of them. You'll need a 3D printer and the link to Honda's 3D design archive, which is hiding behind these blue words. Hit the jump and you'll be able to download five models based on the Fuya-Jo, FSR, Kiwami, Puyo, and NSX concepts, which you can export to your printer and voila - a wonderful paperweight.
Each file carries the Creative Commons 4.0 license too, so you can share them freely without the rozzers getting all Kim Dotcom on you. And if you don't like the five cars on offer, Honda promises that more concepts will be added to the archive soon, so keep checking back.
Now watch a time-lapse of a Honda printing off the Puyo concept.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- First UK drive: Mercedes-AMG GT S
- It’s our first shot in Merc’s 503bhp, V8 sports car on home roads. Brit correspondent Ollie Marriage reports