This week wasn't the the Stig's first outing with the ST1. He once mysteriously arrived in the desert with a herd of camels to have a go in the no-nonsense Nordic supercar. But getting the the 6.8-litre, 1,104bhp, 233mph four-wheeled Stig look-alike back to the track in Blighty has taken a while.
Rowan Horncastle14 February 2014
Gallery: Stig and the Zenvo ST1
More pics of our tame racing driver’s time with the great Dane
But after a few mechanical issues, and quite a large fire, this week was the self-immolating supercar's time to shine.
Unfortunately, no one told Mother Nature about our plans, as she tried her hardest to make sure it wasn't easy for the Stig.
What Mother Nature didn't know, is that our man in the white suit doesn't know what weather is. Even so, as you can see from the pics, keeping a twin-charged, rear-wheel-drive, 1000+ horsepower on the straight and narrow is a little tricky. And if you've watched the show, you'll know that this was reflected in its time...
Photography: Rowan Horncastle
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...