This is professional dorifotu kingu, Ryan Tuerck, testing out the new turbo on his 828 bhp GT86. And he's found what may rank as the finest road... in the world.
Matthew Jones04 December 2013
Is this the finest drift video ever?
Watch Ryan Tuerck thrash an 828bhp GT86 up the perfect road. Even better than Block's Gymkhana?
This utterly perfect wiggle of tarmac is hidden in rural Oregon, USA, where Tuerck's joined by fellow Formula Drift driver Rob Primo in a Nissan Silvia. There is tyre smoke. There is much limiter bouncing. And... that's about it. No wrecking balls, no gorillas on Segways, no Bollywood dancing.
Which goes to show that, despite the undeniable excellence of Ken Block's Gymkhana series, all you really need is (1) a closed road, (2) 800bhp of rear-drive turbo goodness and (3) the oversteer skills of a demi-god. Not much to ask, is it?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Road trip: hunting for old Minis in Chile
- A small British hatch. The driest, wildest place on Earth. What could go wrong?
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one