So there we were, quietly reminiscing about the time we drove the Nissan Juke R, when this video of a Skyline-powered Patrol popped up. Same recipe, different ingredients, more... Top Gear.
Matthew Jones21 October 2013
Man puts Skyline engine in Patrol
Watch what happens if you remix an old Nissan SUV
It's a lightly antiqued Nissan Patrol with an RB25DET shoved up it. RB stands for Race Bred. 25 stands for displacement (2.5-litres, in this case). D for double overhead cam. E for fuel injection. T for turbo-charged. And it's the powerplant you'd find in the hottest Skylines - spiritual father of the Nissan GT-R.
As you can see, it's quite keen to rev. And the driver's quite keen to find the limiter. But it's still wondrous, in a very silly way.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power