WARNING: the following images of the latest Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe may contain sacrilege. This is the 'Goodwood edition' Phant, the latest offering from the company's bespoke department built to celebrate the spirit of Rolls' local circuit.
TopGear.com30 October 2013
Meet the carbon fibre Rolls-Royce Phantom
RR releases 'Goodwood Edition' Phantom coupe. With carbon fibre and painted wheels. Is this sacrilege?
That means that the woodgrain loveliness you'd usually find inside has been replace with carbon fibre, the seats have chequered flags stitched on them, and there's a metal plaque featuring the layout of the Goodwood circuit in the glove box. Oh, and for the first time on a modern Roller, it's got painted wheels that match the coachwork. The 6.75-litre V12 engine's remains untouched, the Phant heaving itself from 0-62mph in 5.8 seconds.
This, er, thing was created by a Rolls-Royce brand manager in Dubai called Mohammed El-Arishy. He says: "I wanted to create a motor car that captures the unique atmosphere and history of the Goodwood motor circuit. Rolls-Royce's connection to such an important centre of British motoring heritage is something that fascinates my customers."
Fascinating indeed. And a white-hot slice of sacrilege for the old Rolls guard. Carbon fibre and painted wheels: can you come up with a more irreverent spec for a Phantom Coupe? Alcantara and a roll cage?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one