This is not Gran Turismo. Rather a man called Al demonstrating the enormity of his gentleman vegetables by climbing 17 places in one lap.
Matthew Jones29 April 2014
How to overtake 17 drivers in one lap
Watch Al Buncombe destroy EVERYONE at the Blancpain Endurance series
Said Al is British Nismo works driver, Alex Buncombe, and this is he at Monza in a GT-R for the opening race of the 2014 Blancpain Endurance series.
Buncombe started the race way down the grid in 32nd out of 44 cars, but with some judicious elbowing, nudging, and a few moments of blind faith, ended his first lap in 15th place.
So, who's got the biggest veg? Al, or this German?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at