This is not Gran Turismo. Rather a man called Al demonstrating the enormity of his gentleman vegetables by climbing 17 places in one lap.
Matthew Jones29 April 2014
How to overtake 17 drivers in one lap
Watch Al Buncombe destroy EVERYONE at the Blancpain Endurance series
Said Al is British Nismo works driver, Alex Buncombe, and this is he at Monza in a GT-R for the opening race of the 2014 Blancpain Endurance series.
Buncombe started the race way down the grid in 32nd out of 44 cars, but with some judicious elbowing, nudging, and a few moments of blind faith, ended his first lap in 15th place.
So, who's got the biggest veg? Al, or this German?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power