This is not Gran Turismo. Rather a man called Al demonstrating the enormity of his gentleman vegetables by climbing 17 places in one lap.
Matthew Jones29 April 2014
How to overtake 17 drivers in one lap
Watch Al Buncombe destroy EVERYONE at the Blancpain Endurance series
Said Al is British Nismo works driver, Alex Buncombe, and this is he at Monza in a GT-R for the opening race of the 2014 Blancpain Endurance series.
Buncombe started the race way down the grid in 32nd out of 44 cars, but with some judicious elbowing, nudging, and a few moments of blind faith, ended his first lap in 15th place.
So, who's got the biggest veg? Al, or this German?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring