Matthew Jones27 February 2014
Skoda VisionC concept revealed
Sweet mother of Audi! It's a lime-green, massive-wheeled four-door liftback from the sensible Czechs
So, what do we know? Firstly that lime green paint and dreadful rims don't help to show off your concept's best lines. Secondly, the 4700mm length and 1820mm width (smaller than a Passat CC by 102mm and 35mm respectively) provides 'ample' room for four people and their luggage. Thirdly, it'll have a VW-badged sister car (think next-gen Passat CC). And finally that the 108bhp, 72mpg 1.4-litre four-cylinder engine can run on either petrol or natural gas.
To summarise, then, it's designed for people and their things, and it has an engine. But there are some real-world not-too-distant-future implications here. Skoda CEO, Dr Windried Vahland, tells us: "We are signalling the next stage in the evolution of Skoda's design language with the VisionC, and thus highlighting the dawn of the brand."
Or, rather, this is what Skodas on the future will look like, and you will have more Skodas models to chose from. Excited about this one?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- This is the new Porsche Spyder
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at