Red Bull likes spend money doing stupid things. Like racing in Formula One, drawing not-real racecars, or applying mini-ramps and BMXers to the back of Venezuelan lorries. But this film is... absolutely no different.
Matthew Jones31 March 2014
The maddest pilot you'll see today
Air race nutbar flies 24-foot-wide plane through very narrow canal. And does barrel rolls
The vendor of carbonated, paranoia-inducing beverages has selected a racing pilot to fly a single-prop, 300bhp Zivko Edge 540 sports plane through a 70-foot-wide canal in Greece. While doing tricks.
Hungarian plane racer, Peter Besenyei, skims across the base of Greece's iconic 3.9-mile-long, 70-foot-wide abandoned canal, then does upside-downy things that make us want to black out.
Now watch. And tell us what your favourite Red Bull cash-burning video is.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer