Red Bull likes spend money doing stupid things. Like racing in Formula One, drawing not-real racecars, or applying mini-ramps and BMXers to the back of Venezuelan lorries. But this film is... absolutely no different.
Matthew Jones31 March 2014
The maddest pilot you'll see today
Air race nutbar flies 24-foot-wide plane through very narrow canal. And does barrel rolls
The vendor of carbonated, paranoia-inducing beverages has selected a racing pilot to fly a single-prop, 300bhp Zivko Edge 540 sports plane through a 70-foot-wide canal in Greece. While doing tricks.
Hungarian plane racer, Peter Besenyei, skims across the base of Greece's iconic 3.9-mile-long, 70-foot-wide abandoned canal, then does upside-downy things that make us want to black out.
Now watch. And tell us what your favourite Red Bull cash-burning video is.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there