TopGear.com06 August 2014
Top Gear’s Top Five Luxury Cars
Want to spend your hard-earned wafting around in utter serenity? Here are our picks
So big and smooth, it should probably have sails. And a tiller. And a man at the helm. When it comes to stately speed, nothing does it better than a Rolls.
It's here, and its even better than we expected. Technology and luxury combined to seamless effect (to create TechLux!). Trounces A8 and 7-Series rivals.
3. Bentley Mulsanne
Specs: 505bhp, 752lb ft, 0-62mph 5.3secs, VMax 184mph, 16.8mpg, CO2 393g/km
Like the wonderful old Arnage it replaces, the big ol' Bentley will show those peasants who's boss. And who cares if it has a slightly piggy nose?
4. Range Rover LWB
Specs: 339bhp, 517lb ft, 0-62mph 6.6secs, VMax 135mph, 32.5mpg, CO2 229g/km
Another car that, like the Porsche 911 Cabrio, doesn't sound great on paper, and another one that works better than it has any right to.
The old one was probably the prettiest saloon ever. This one is a touch frumpy, but actually feels better to drive. There's even a V6 option.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring