We're not entirely against EVs. The Nissan Leaf RC, for example - that was pretty good. And Jeremy, Richard and James' effort was also, er, interesting. In its own sort of way... But this. This is wonderful.
Matthew Jones07 October 2013
Video: 70,000-watt go-kart lunacy
It does a 12.3-second quarter mile and 100mph. EVs just got amazing…
It's a 70,000-watt, 100mph go-kart. The builders tell us it's got 400 lithium battery cells, a 300-volt DC controller and it uses a forklift motor with a 70kw output. We don't really know what that means, but it looks incredibly good fun.
Click. Watch. Forget it's Monday.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- First UK drive: Mercedes-AMG GT S
- It’s our first shot in Merc’s 503bhp, V8 sports car on home roads. Brit correspondent Ollie Marriage reports
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6