England has many wonderful things, like castles and the NHS and irony. But boy racers are not one of them. It's all drizzly supermarket car parks, and old BMWs without suspension.
TopGear.com07 May 2014
Video: 800bhp buggies destroy Dubai's dunes
Compelling evidence that we should all buy sandrails and move to the UAE
But in Dubai, they do things... differently. For a start, boy racers in the UAE like suspension. Really, really like it. And power. Like, 800bhp of power. Then they hang them on buggies like the Funco G52 Sand Rail.
Most importantly, they also like thrashing them in the large sandbox that makes up most of the country, while filming themselves in HD using the latest remote-control drone technology.
For this, we're tremendously grateful. Click on to watch several good reasons to move there immediately.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer