The Internet would be about half the size without Russian dash-cam footage. Something we're continually grateful for, especially after this slice of Eastern European mentalism landed on YouTube. As per protocol, it involves a man crashing violently then giving very few damns.
Matthew Jones04 November 2013
Video: Russians crash into river…
…and don’t seem to care. More dash-cam action this way
This time, a car scythes off the road, and launches from a crash barrier into a river. Upon discovering that the vehicle floats - and taking the elementary precaution of switching on the window wipers - both occupants quickly subscribe to the let's-have-a-nice-sit-down-till-this-whole-thing-blows-over school of panic.
Their conversation, according to those who speak Unflustered Russian, runs something like this:
Unflustered Russian 1: "Oh. We float."
Unflusterered Russian 2: "Where do we go?"
Unflustured Russian 1: "I don't know. Maybe to the shore?"
Unflustered Russian 2: "Don't steer the wheel, it's useless."
Very cool, yes. But as cool as Russia's finest break-dancing petrol station attendant? Perhaps not...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one