Hmmm, this is a bit familiar, isn't it? Red Bull Racing Australia has clearly been watching a little too much Dave - or whatever it's called in Oz - because it's just released a neat little video that feels very Top Gear.
Vijay Pattni22 October 2013
Video: V8 supercar vs plane
Red Bull Racing Australia pits V8 racer against aerobatic stunt plane. Familiar?
In it, multiple V8 Supercar champion Jamie Whincup straps himself into his very loud, very boisterous and rather lovely V8 racer, and takes on Joel Haski in his stunt plane along the Gold Coast beach. That's in Australia. Which is in... the World.
Sure, it's a bit of fluff ahead of the Gold Coast race of the V8 Supercars season, but it's worth a watch. If only to remind yourself that Richard Hammond took on a Eurofighter jet in a ruddy Bugatti Veyron. Sorry Red Bull, you're gonna have to try harder than this...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer