Hmmm, this is a bit familiar, isn't it? Red Bull Racing Australia has clearly been watching a little too much Dave - or whatever it's called in Oz - because it's just released a neat little video that feels very Top Gear.
Vijay Pattni22 October 2013
Video: V8 supercar vs plane
Red Bull Racing Australia pits V8 racer against aerobatic stunt plane. Familiar?
In it, multiple V8 Supercar champion Jamie Whincup straps himself into his very loud, very boisterous and rather lovely V8 racer, and takes on Joel Haski in his stunt plane along the Gold Coast beach. That's in Australia. Which is in... the World.
Sure, it's a bit of fluff ahead of the Gold Coast race of the V8 Supercars season, but it's worth a watch. If only to remind yourself that Richard Hammond took on a Eurofighter jet in a ruddy Bugatti Veyron. Sorry Red Bull, you're gonna have to try harder than this...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Classic arcade racer Out Run goes 3D
- Great, great grandfather of driving games gets Nintendo rebirth and an extra dimension