£2m sounds like a lot of money. But actually it's loads. And exactly what you'll need to get your name on a Lykan Hypersport's V5 - the Middle East's first and only supercar.
TopGear.com11 June 2014
Video: the £2m Lykan Hypersport
Listen to the car that costs the same as a P1 and LaFerrari combined…
You would be forgiven for asking what the hell it is. Mostly because Lykan's neglected to mention most of the stats. What we do know is that it's got a 3.7-litre 750bhp, twin-turbo flat-six bubbling away behind the driver, that can hit 60mph in 2.8 seconds (bye bye Aventador) and it stops accelerating at 242mph. Sounds familiar.
Fast. But how do they justify that massive premium over, say, a LaFerrari? Luggzury, apparently. And a lot of it. There are diamonds in the LED headlamps. The leather is stitched with gold thread. It has funny uppy-downy power doors, and an infotainment system that we've neither seen nor understand (apparently it's 3D and has holograms in it).
But that's still not a million quid's worth. So there's a 24-hour dedicated concierge service, ‘free' £120,000 Cyrus Klepcy watch, and much exclusivity - only seven are being built.
And here is one of them. In all of its two-mil' glory.
This, or 75 Golf GTIs?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance