When we sat down with Hollywood's professional funny men, Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, David Koechner and Paul Rudd, the plan was to discuss their new film, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. And perhaps Sex Panther cologne. And jazz flute.
Rowan Horncastle18 December 2013
Watch: Anchorman 2 cast talk Top Gear
By the beard of Zeus! Turns out the Channel 4 news team are huge fans of our little motoring show
Problem was, they heard that we were from Top Gear. This made them entirely forget to talk about the return of Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 news team, and talk instead about cars. Things... escalated quickly.
Turns out that Steve Carell has a Porsche 911 Turbo, and both him and Paul Rudd are MASSIVE Top Gear fans. Such fans that they've offered to clear their A-lister schedules to pop down to our poxy track in Surrey to lap our Reasonably Priced Car.
Should we let them have a go? Or would we immediately regret that decision?
Interview: Jason Barlow
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power