Earlier this year, Team Dynamics - the guys behind Honda's touring cars - slapped a superbike engine into a Honda HF2620 mower so Sir Stigness could enjoy his new hobby: landscaping.
Rowan Horncastle13 December 2013
Watch a lawnmower do a massive burnout
Looks like Stig’s 130mph Honda ride-on has some competition
The result was our Thing of the Year: a 130mph, 532bhp-per-tonne ride-on allowing Alan Stigmarsh to cut the corner at Gambon like never before. But it turns out Stig isn't the only one who likes to cut grass and haul ass.
Click play above to meet a man who calls himself 'Slick' and his bonkers John Deere mower. We don't know much about the mechanicals below Slick's grass cutter, but judging by the way it handles and sounds, it looks every bit as unhinged as ours.
If you're thinking this thing is just for show, think again. This mower is a finely fettled grass-removal machine. Instead of using blades to give the leaves a little trim, Slick simply parks his mower up against a wall and does a massive burnout to choke the grass to death with acrid tyre smoke. Then, to clear the cuttings, he executes some high-speed donuts. It's like the most exciting episode of Gardeners World... ever.
Question is, whose mower should cut Centre Court's grass at Wimbledon next year? Slick's or Stig's?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Road trip: hunting for old Minis in Chile
- A small British hatch. The driest, wildest place on Earth. What could go wrong?
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV