Fuel efficiency, diminutive proportions, delicate packaging - just some of the things this Smart ForTwo lacks.
TopGear.com28 April 2014
Watch: the drag-racing V8 Smart car
American puts big block Chevy engine into a ForTwo. Is ridiculous
That's because it's got a big block V8 in it. As in Chevy's sledgehammer of an engine, designed to power GM's land whales of the fifties and sixties.
Unfortunately, the owner's neglected to tell us which one - the possibilities range from 5.7-litres to 9.4-litres - but it'll be a tad more torquey than the 68lb ft 999cc triple Daimler fitted originally.
Now watch it make a pass at No Limit Raceway in Morocco, Indiana. Certainly beats the mods being made to Smarts in San Francisco...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power