As right-thinking, fragrant-smelling TopGearists, you'll inevitably spend a lot of your time musing over life's big questions. Cats. They're clearly playing a long game, but what is it? Deep pan or thin and crispy? And are cosy homesteads and petrol stations mutually exclusive?
Matthew Jones09 October 2013
Would you live in a house like this?
Buy a Grade II listed Art Deco ex-petrol station flat for £285,000
Today, we have an answer. No. They are not. As evidenced by this Grade II listed Art Deco petrol station in Rye, East Sussex. The rundown Manor Road Garage site was redeveloped in period style and turned into eight luggzury flats, featuring the original glass-domed Shell petrol pumps.
There's only one left in the development, and it has two bedrooms with a shower room, curved glass feature wall in the kitchen, south-facing terrace, and a parking space. Yours for £285,000.
More details here - let us know if you snap it up and we'll come round for a visit...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance