Aston Martin is very proud of its association with James Bond. Ever since Connery suited up and piloted a DB5 in Goldfinger, this ice-cool British marque has happily ingratiated itself neatly with the Bond mythos.
TopGear.com08 August 2014
This is an Aston DB9 with pink interior
Gaydon's 'Q division' cooks up a cabin inspired by cured internal organs. Ewww
It's why AM's special ‘Q' division is named after Bond's personal gadgets man: a bespoke service allowing Aston Martin customers to deck out their cars whichever way they please.
So, for the upcoming Pebble Beach concours, dealer partner Galpin Aston Martin created four special editions. And channeling the great spirit of James Bond, one of them contains a PINK interior. Erm, excuse you?
It's called the ‘Q by Aston Martin DB9 Volante'. The leather interior is officially referred to as ‘blush pearl', but is in actuality the colour of dried and cured internal human organs. This sits alongside a 'warm silver' exterior with polished alloy wheels. Because nothing screams 'class' and '007' like cured internal human organ coloured leather. Especially with a matching luggage set.
There's also an orange Vanquish with a pearl effect, replete with black leather and a ‘helix' print inside that looks like shattered glass on the roof, and a deep purple V12 Vantage S Coupe with - again - the Obsidian black leather and purple detailing.
The cleanest one of the bunch is the silver Vanquish Volante, because it gets a fetching tan leather interior with a fluted seat pattern. This one isn't actually half bad at all.
"The concept of Q by Aston Martin is as simple as it is ambitious," Aston assures us. "Customers engaging with the service are encouraged to challenge the team to make their automotive dreams reality."
A DB9 with liver-mousse leather? Challenging indeed. Is this the worst interior ever?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- TG's big road test: Volvo XC90
- Schoolrun fashion has never looked so smart. The new XC90 is here, and it's good
- Rise of the crossovers: it's Merc's GLC Coupe concept
- MB unveils preview of upcoming BMW X4 rival in Shanghai. Will the onslaught of coupe-SUVs ever end?
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts