Taking a quick break from the New York Motor Show, the votes are in for the annual World Car Awards. The esteemed panel of judges have spoken, and the 2014 World Car of the year is the brand-new Audi A3, which beat off challenges for the top spot from the Mazda3 and BMW 4-Series.
In the other categories it was business as usual, as the Porsche 911 GT3 won World Performance Car gold, and the all-conquering Mercedes S-Class was named World Luxury Car of the year.
And the new, and rather wonderful BMW i3, recorded a double, winning both the Design and Green Awards.
Here are the results in each category:
WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR
- Audi A3 (764 points)
- Mazda3 (751 points)
- AMW 4-Series (736 points)
WORLD LUXURY CAR
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class (849 points)
- Range Rover Sport (785 points)
- Bentley Flying Spur (741 points)
WORLD PERFORMANCE CAR
- Porsche 911 GT3 (123 points)
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (118 points)
- Ferrari 458 Speciale (106 points)
WORLD GREEN CAR OF YEAR
- BMW i3
WORLD DESIGN CAR OF THE YEAR
- BMW i3