Audi has revealed the brand new RS7 Sportback. Which, to many eyes, looks much like the current - or old - Audi RS7 Sportback.
Vijay Pattni02 June 2014
This is the new Audi RS7 Sportback
…much like the old Audi RS7. 560bhp Sportback gets a few new bits to keep it fresh
But then, with a 4.0-litre turbocharged V8 with 560bhp and 513lb ft of torque, the passage of time isn't necessarily a catalyst for huge change.
Still, the 2014 RS7 gets a new grille with ‘sharper and more distinctive' corners, a revised bumper, new rear lights and new paint finishes. You also have the option of Matrix LED tech for the headlights, along with dark trims as well.
The designers have also made subtle revisions to the instrument cluster, as well as the air outlet controls of the vent nozzles, shift paddles and Quattro emblem on the steering wheel. The MMI touchscreen now gets the latest-gen platform as well.
So, that engine. The 560bhp V8 is matched to eight-speed tiptronic and four-wheel-drive - with the optional of a sports diff on the rear axle for the apex-splitters amongst you - and propels the RS7 from 0-62mph in a ludicrous 3.9 seconds. Top speed is between 174mph and 189.5mph, depending on how much money you hand over to your local Audi dealer.
There remains the adaptive air suspension and damping, along with stiffer RS suspension and dynamic ride control as an option. And 20in lightweight alloy wheels. And ventilated brake discs.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren names its 'baby' supercar 570S
- With the Sports Series unveil just a week away, McLaren reveals title of its 562bhp Porsche 911-fighter
- America’s 290mph, 1700bhp hypercar
- Strangely styled LM2 Streamliner takes its bow at next week’s New York show. 0-60mph? 2.2 secs…
- Clarkson on: leaving Top Gear TV
- "Much as I liked Pebble Mill, I really did grow to hate, with unbridled passion, the city that surrounds it"
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Who is Magnus Walker?
- Porsche restorer, clothing designer and location scout... meet the Yorkshire lad turned LA hipster