That's better, isn't it? Just looking at that black Honda NSX above is enough to help you forget about those Formula One nosecones (we're looking at you, Toro Rosso). This one's even more therapeutic because it was actually owned by Ayrton Senna. Now it's coming up for sale.
Vijay Pattni28 January 2014
Yes, Ayrton Senna’s actual NSX is for sale
F1 legend’s Honda supercar is coming up for auction next month. You want it.
Yes, an actual NSX once driven and owned by Ayrton Senna will cross the block at next month's Silverstone Auctions' classic car sale. It was originally bought by Ayrton's manager and friend Antonio Carlos de Almeida Braga, for use by the F1 champ when visiting his home in Portugal. Beats an Avis hire car, anyway.
It's covered just 31,800 miles, has a leather interior, manual gearbox and the lingering aura of an F1 legend. Don't forget, the reason for the NSX's excellence is partly down to Senna himself, who provided direct input into the car's cornering and handling characteristics.
Silverstone Auctions wants to put a more morbid spin on things by reminding us how this year marks 20 years since Ayrton's unfortunate passing at Imola in 1994, and that his black NSX would make a good investment. Here at Top Gear, we'd like to celebrate Ayrton's skill, and instead point you in the direction of the source of his ultimate genius: it stemmed not from his Zen-like approach to racing, but from the fact he wore white socks. Here's the proof.
Still, if this is a little vintage for some of you, we'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that a brand new Honda NSX is coming soon, and Top Gear has been busy squirrelling away some information about the new supercar. You can digest it all here.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- First drive: VW Golf R Estate
- TG’s favourite hot hatch is now available in estate flavour. But is it as good? Tom Harrison reports