That's better, isn't it? Just looking at that black Honda NSX above is enough to help you forget about those Formula One nosecones (we're looking at you, Toro Rosso). This one's even more therapeutic because it was actually owned by Ayrton Senna. Now it's coming up for sale.
Vijay Pattni28 January 2014
Yes, Ayrton Senna’s actual NSX is for sale
F1 legend’s Honda supercar is coming up for auction next month. You want it.
Yes, an actual NSX once driven and owned by Ayrton Senna will cross the block at next month's Silverstone Auctions' classic car sale. It was originally bought by Ayrton's manager and friend Antonio Carlos de Almeida Braga, for use by the F1 champ when visiting his home in Portugal. Beats an Avis hire car, anyway.
It's covered just 31,800 miles, has a leather interior, manual gearbox and the lingering aura of an F1 legend. Don't forget, the reason for the NSX's excellence is partly down to Senna himself, who provided direct input into the car's cornering and handling characteristics.
Silverstone Auctions wants to put a more morbid spin on things by reminding us how this year marks 20 years since Ayrton's unfortunate passing at Imola in 1994, and that his black NSX would make a good investment. Here at Top Gear, we'd like to celebrate Ayrton's skill, and instead point you in the direction of the source of his ultimate genius: it stemmed not from his Zen-like approach to racing, but from the fact he wore white socks. Here's the proof.
Still, if this is a little vintage for some of you, we'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that a brand new Honda NSX is coming soon, and Top Gear has been busy squirrelling away some information about the new supercar. You can digest it all here.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer