He's only gone and done it again. TG.com's good friend Jon Sibal has made merry with the crayons and cooked up a work of Bavarian genius.
Vijay Pattni21 August 2014
If BMW made an i8 race car…
…it'd look something like this. TG's favourite renderiser cooks up a mad track hybrid, we beg BMW to build it
Mr Sibal has rendered a racing version of BMW's i8 supercar, and it looks angry. Good angry.
Jon hasn't revealed much information about the project, but who needs a reason? It's a wide-bodied, flared-arch BMW i8 with a socking great front splitter, angry fins and vents dotted all over the body, and a mighty rear wing.
He's tastefully decked it out in stealth grey, too. Of course, because it's not real, any potential drivetrain is a moot point - but might we humbly suggest the twin-turbo straight-six from the new BMW M4, augmented with at least four electric motors?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- Why the McLaren 570S leaves me cold
- ‘Feels born of cynicism, not passion.’ Sam Philip puts the case against the new ‘baby’ McLaren