He's only gone and done it again. TG.com's good friend Jon Sibal has made merry with the crayons and cooked up a work of Bavarian genius.
Vijay Pattni21 August 2014
If BMW made an i8 race car…
…it'd look something like this. TG's favourite renderiser cooks up a mad track hybrid, we beg BMW to build it
Mr Sibal has rendered a racing version of BMW's i8 supercar, and it looks angry. Good angry.
Jon hasn't revealed much information about the project, but who needs a reason? It's a wide-bodied, flared-arch BMW i8 with a socking great front splitter, angry fins and vents dotted all over the body, and a mighty rear wing.
He's tastefully decked it out in stealth grey, too. Of course, because it's not real, any potential drivetrain is a moot point - but might we humbly suggest the twin-turbo straight-six from the new BMW M4, augmented with at least four electric motors?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'