Vijay Pattni13 December 2013
Drive the new BMW M4… NOW!
But only if you have a PlayStation 3. New super-coupe makes limited appearance in GT6
That's right, just one day after BMW announced official pictures and details of the new turbocharged rear-wheel-drive coupe - which we've digested for you here - the makers of GT6 have announced that, until December 26, you can drive a virtual version of the new M4.
Quite why you're still sat there reading this is beyond us, but we're told you can virtually test out the new M4 at over 37 locations in GT6, or just take your own pictures in the game's photo mode.
Polyphony Digital spent much time with BMW M GmbH during development of the new M car, so we're confident of an authentic recreation of the 431bhp 3.0-litre straight-six, dynamic attributes and - hopefully - Smokey Burnout function.
GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi - who confirmed to TG.com that GT7 will appear as early as next year - even drove the new M4 at Ascari. Lucky chap. Safe to say he was enjoying himself.
"The car is fantastic," the big man says. "I am sure that GT fans will now enjoy the same experience as well as the novelty of being among the first in the world to try the BMW M4 Coupe."
Why are you still sitting there reading this?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- First UK drive: Mercedes-AMG GT S
- It’s our first shot in Merc’s 503bhp, V8 sports car on home roads. Brit correspondent Ollie Marriage reports