Vijay Pattni13 December 2013
Drive the new BMW M4… NOW!
But only if you have a PlayStation 3. New super-coupe makes limited appearance in GT6
That's right, just one day after BMW announced official pictures and details of the new turbocharged rear-wheel-drive coupe - which we've digested for you here - the makers of GT6 have announced that, until December 26, you can drive a virtual version of the new M4.
Quite why you're still sat there reading this is beyond us, but we're told you can virtually test out the new M4 at over 37 locations in GT6, or just take your own pictures in the game's photo mode.
Polyphony Digital spent much time with BMW M GmbH during development of the new M car, so we're confident of an authentic recreation of the 431bhp 3.0-litre straight-six, dynamic attributes and - hopefully - Smokey Burnout function.
GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi - who confirmed to TG.com that GT7 will appear as early as next year - even drove the new M4 at Ascari. Lucky chap. Safe to say he was enjoying himself.
"The car is fantastic," the big man says. "I am sure that GT fans will now enjoy the same experience as well as the novelty of being among the first in the world to try the BMW M4 Coupe."
Why are you still sitting there reading this?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one