Now all that’s left to do is hear it out on the road. Take it away, 458:
Sam Philip28 July 2009
Hear the 458 Italia
Ferrari gives us an earful of its manic-revving F430 replacement, and we like what we hear…
Gets the hairs on the back of neck standing to attention, doesn’t it?
We love the way that V8 note gets ever more metallic and hard-edged as it barrels towards the 9,000rpm redline. And those upshifts through the double-clutch gearbox sound mighty smooth and quick, don’t they?
So you’ve seen it, read about it and now heard it. All that’s left to do now is, er, start saving…
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one