We challenge you to watch this video of Taz Racing's wares and not be a little bit enamoured with the concept. Really, what's not to like? It brings together all the romance of titchy, unreliable Italian hatchbacks and some good old-fashioned British ingenuity.
Hugh Radojev01 September 2014
Two 650bhp Fiats go drag racing
What happens when you put a Chevy V8 in a miniscule Fiat 126? Wheelies, that's what
We could drone on about the specs of these super-hot little Fiat 126s, but in the interest of saving time until you press play, we'll just mention the important one: tuned Chevy V8s producing a Mercedes SLS Black-busting 650bhp. In other words, these flyweight Fiats have power-to-weight ratios that wipe the floor with just about any supercar you care to mention.
And here's what happened when the taps opened up over a quarter-mile drag race at Britain's Santa Pod drag strip. The times achieved are impressive. Seriously impressive.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...