We challenge you to watch this video of Taz Racing's wares and not be a little bit enamoured with the concept. Really, what's not to like? It brings together all the romance of titchy, unreliable Italian hatchbacks and some good old-fashioned British ingenuity.
Hugh Radojev01 September 2014
Two 650bhp Fiats go drag racing
What happens when you put a Chevy V8 in a miniscule Fiat 126? Wheelies, that's what
We could drone on about the specs of these super-hot little Fiat 126s, but in the interest of saving time until you press play, we'll just mention the important one: tuned Chevy V8s producing a Mercedes SLS Black-busting 650bhp. In other words, these flyweight Fiats have power-to-weight ratios that wipe the floor with just about any supercar you care to mention.
And here's what happened when the taps opened up over a quarter-mile drag race at Britain's Santa Pod drag strip. The times achieved are impressive. Seriously impressive.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power