This car started life as a Fiat 500L. After it was driven off the Fiat production line, it was then driven through a Vans store, in preparation for a debut at the Vans US Open of Surfing last weekend. This event took place at Huntington Beach, which is in California.
Vijay Pattni28 July 2014
Fiat reveals 500L Vans concept
Yes, this just happened. But is this the weirdest car company tie-in ever?
If you are a consumer of Vans footwear, you will notice many Vans footwear-inspired details around this 500L. Many logos. A ‘waffle sole' pattern on the pedals. Some ‘checkerboard' patterning on the roof.
There is also a two-tone paint scheme, 18in matt black wheels and a roof rack with a double decker surfboard carrier. Because surfing.
We have literally no words left to describe this Fiat 500L, so will simply pose this question: is this the weirdest car company tie in? We've corralled together some of the worst offenders here. Take a deep breath, and then wade in below...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one