This car started life as a Fiat 500L. After it was driven off the Fiat production line, it was then driven through a Vans store, in preparation for a debut at the Vans US Open of Surfing last weekend. This event took place at Huntington Beach, which is in California.
Vijay Pattni28 July 2014
Fiat reveals 500L Vans concept
Yes, this just happened. But is this the weirdest car company tie-in ever?
If you are a consumer of Vans footwear, you will notice many Vans footwear-inspired details around this 500L. Many logos. A ‘waffle sole' pattern on the pedals. Some ‘checkerboard' patterning on the roof.
There is also a two-tone paint scheme, 18in matt black wheels and a roof rack with a double decker surfboard carrier. Because surfing.
We have literally no words left to describe this Fiat 500L, so will simply pose this question: is this the weirdest car company tie in? We've corralled together some of the worst offenders here. Take a deep breath, and then wade in below...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer