This car started life as a Fiat 500L. After it was driven off the Fiat production line, it was then driven through a Vans store, in preparation for a debut at the Vans US Open of Surfing last weekend. This event took place at Huntington Beach, which is in California.
Vijay Pattni28 July 2014
Fiat reveals 500L Vans concept
Yes, this just happened. But is this the weirdest car company tie-in ever?
If you are a consumer of Vans footwear, you will notice many Vans footwear-inspired details around this 500L. Many logos. A ‘waffle sole' pattern on the pedals. Some ‘checkerboard' patterning on the roof.
There is also a two-tone paint scheme, 18in matt black wheels and a roof rack with a double decker surfboard carrier. Because surfing.
We have literally no words left to describe this Fiat 500L, so will simply pose this question: is this the weirdest car company tie in? We've corralled together some of the worst offenders here. Take a deep breath, and then wade in below...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Malaysian GP: 6 things you need to know
- Alonso’s back, and Nico’s stopped sweating: all the news ahead of the second race of the 2015 F1 season