Vijay Pattni10 October 2013
Ford builds 605bhp Mustang for SEMA
‘Stang gets supercharged and bright yellow paintwork for upcoming tuner show
Conscious that Ford's multi-generational icon lacks an eye-scorching hue, social media manager for AirPower Group Brian Ellis decided to deck one out in bright yellow for the upcoming SEMA tuner show. "We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance," he said.
Ah yes, mechanical package. The standard Ford Mustang GT comes with a 5.0-litre V8 and 420 horses. This yellow one gets a Vortech V-3 Si supercharger to boost power up to a rather more healthy 605bhp and a whopping 473lb ft of torque. That's with 7.5 psi of boost.
Not only that, the car is equipped with a Webasto custom electronic sunroof, a custom powder-coated Maximum Motorsports ‘Road & Track' suspension pack and six-piston calipers on big brakes all round, with 20in forged three-piece wheels wrapped in Falkens.
If you're at SEMA this year, may we suggest you book an appointment with your optometrist?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...