Half of Ford's large cars are sold in a high trim; of those, between 10 to 15 per cent want an even higher level of spec and customer service. For you discerning folk then, may we present the Ford S-Max Vignale concept.
Vijay Pattni08 April 2014
It’s the luxury Ford S-Max!
‘Spacious and aspirational’ S-Max Vignale concept revealed in Milan, gets lots of leather and tech
It's been unveiled today in Milan and follows the Mondeo Vignale Concept we saw last year. It's an attempt to offer the S-Max in a very luggzury specification to make you feel warm and gooey inside, setting aside the notion of one of your offspring actually unpacking his or her lunch on the rear seat.
Speaking of which, this concept comes with Vignale embossed seating with hexagonal quilting and high-quality, soft-touch leather, there is aluminium detailing, tablet docking stations, and an ‘intelligent' flexible seating concept with thinner seats, to name a few.
The ‘Milano Grigio' colour tone is matched to this darker interior - taking cues from menswear trends Top Gear has literally no idea about - and there's leather sweeping across the dashboard and instrument panel, past the glass roof to the boot in a single colour.
Outside, there's a hexagonal grille first seen on the Mondeo Vignale, 21in alloys, chrome mirror caps and ‘jewellery-like appliques'. In fact, Sonja Vandenberk, chief designer of colour and material at Ford, tells us "the design language itself is on the cusp of the latest fashion and furniture trends, reflecting inspirations in terms of fabrics, leathers, colours and detailing".
It all looks very dandy indeed, and it will go into production once the Mondeo Vignale reaches customers next year. Fancy one?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance