Top Gear has a long, fine history of creating moderately useful motoring-based solutions to the world's problems: fuel station riots? Meet Geoff, our trusty little electric car. Mass flooding? Allow us to introduce the Hovervan. Heavy snow? No problem. We built the Dominator Snowbine.
Vijay Pattni14 October 2013
Ghe-O Motors reveals the 'Rescue'
Video: Romanian company unveils extreme all-terrain response vehicle. TG wants one…
Here's something however, that's just as ambitious, and probably less likely to assault Richard Hammond (damn you, Geoff). It's called the Ghe-O Motors ‘Rescue', and it's a little slice of all-terrain excellence.
It's a custom-built rescue truck suitable for transportation, medical support and fire extinguishing capabilities across all terrains and any weather nature can throw at it. Up to 11 people can sit on board the 3.2-tonne monster, and you can spec many different accessories to suit your superhero needs. And here's where it gets a little bit fantastic.
You can fit water pumps for firefighters, pneumatic pillows filled by a 620-litre water tank to float over water or snow, tracks over the rear wheels, a foldable top cargo section, a medical stretcher with side-door access, a plow system, and even GPS. GPS!
No word on the drivetrain, but we're told the "heavy duty transmission" gets lockable axles and is powered by petrol engines with outputs ranging from 340bhp to 500bhp, or diesel units producing between 218bhp and 304bhp. Should you be a member of a military outfit, you can add electromagnetic and water protection too.
Have a watch of the video below (and try not to laugh at the intro). You need one in your life.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...