Vijay Pattni24 September 2013
Meet the 1,000bhp Hyundai Genesis
Bisimoto Engineering creates turbo’d V6 Genesis Coupe for SEMA show…
It's been built by Hyundai in conjunction with Bisimoto Engineering, for the upcoming 2013 SEMA tuner show in Las Vegas, and is a "concept designed for the reliability of a street car but with the outrageous power of a no-holds-barred racer". They're not wrong there.
Underneath, you'll be surprised to find the standard Hyundai Genesis Coupe's 3.8-litre V6 Lambda engine - no whopping great supercharged V8 here. "Bisimoto Engineering is excited to develop the V6 to its full potential for the rigours of competitive motorsport," explains Bisi Ezerioha, owner of Bisimoto. He reckons that V6 is ‘a thoroughly robust powerplant', and we should hope so, otherwise there'll be a very loud pop at an inconvenient moment.
Saying that, the engineering bods have beefed up the V6's internals: there are Arias forged pistons, steel connecting rods, Bisimoto ‘level 2' camshafts, a pair of Bisimoto/Turbonetics turbochargers with a dual RG45 wastegate and amusingly named ‘Godzilla' blow-off valves, a custom fuel pump, custom headwork and a Spearco intercooler. There's also an ‘Ironman' clutch, though we doubt it's a tiny Robert Downey Jr nestled in the gearbox.
This 1,000bhp Genesis Coupe benefits from a Bisimoto roll cage, Progress coilover suspension and anti-roll bars, 20in aluminium wheels, racing seats and harnesses, a dry cell battery, G&J braided lines, and a ‘Racepack' dash.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...