The aftermarket community is polishing its aluminium shifter knobs and preparing its finest carbon-fibre wide-body kits in anticipation of the upcoming SEMA show in Las Vegas. As such, Hyundai will present this: the ‘Yellowcake'.
Vijay Pattni01 October 2013
Hyundai's 250bhp night racer for SEMA
‘Yellowcake’ modified by EGR gets track spec for time-attack night racing…
Well, that's the name of the paint job, adorning a modified Veloster Turbo designed specifically for time attack races at night racing circuits. It's been built in conjunction with aftermarket accessory supplier EGR, and features that special yellow paint - thanks, Barry's Speed Shop! - a roof-mounted LED light bar and custom headlights.
Should you manage to avoid snow blindness or a sunburnt cornea while watching is hack around a circuit, you'll be pleased to hear it features a bit more power than the standard Veloster Turbo, though not as much as you'd think.
Hyundai's good friends over at Bisimoto Engineering (the same sorcerers who conjured up the 1,000bhp Genesis Coupe), boosted the 1.6-litre turbocharged engine to 250bhp, complete with an AEM intake and a MagnaFlow exhaust.
Then there's a custom roll cage, ARK coilover suspension, an AEM strut brace, oversized Brembo brakes, Toyo semi-slick racing tyres on three-piece lightweight racing wheels, and a suite of EGR body mods: a widebody kit, bonnet deflector, window visors, rear spoiler and bumper guard. There are some Takata racing seats and harnesses and a custom interior.
If you're planning on attending the SEMA show in Vegas - 5-8 Nov - then may we suggest some suitable UV protection for your eyes?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions