Jaguar has built this special, one-off F-Type Coupe to support Team Sky for Stage 20 of this year's Tour de France.
Vijay Pattni21 July 2014
Meet Jaguar’s Tour de France F-Type
One-off concept built to support Stage 20 of the TdF. S’charged 542bhp V8 also wants to help
It's based on the F-Type R Coupe, and as such comes with that lovely, supercharged 5.0-litre V8 producing 542bhp and 501lb ft of torque. 0-60mph? Four seconds dead, and it'll top out at 186mph. A bit quicker than Mr Froome, even when he was in one piece.
Bespoke additions to this F-Type include a new bike racking solution on the rear - which carries two of the team's Pinarello Bolide TT bikes - a separate electric supply in the boot powering the radios, amps, microphones, horns and television, and of course, that Team Sky livery.
Naturally, this is just a one-off and won't be offered up for full-scale production. Which is a pity, because as bike-racks go...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- Audi R8 rebodied as Skoda supercar
- Czech designer reimagines first-gen Audi R8 as new version of Skoda's 130 RS