Jaguar has built this special, one-off F-Type Coupe to support Team Sky for Stage 20 of this year's Tour de France.
Vijay Pattni21 July 2014
Meet Jaguar’s Tour de France F-Type
One-off concept built to support Stage 20 of the TdF. S’charged 542bhp V8 also wants to help
It's based on the F-Type R Coupe, and as such comes with that lovely, supercharged 5.0-litre V8 producing 542bhp and 501lb ft of torque. 0-60mph? Four seconds dead, and it'll top out at 186mph. A bit quicker than Mr Froome, even when he was in one piece.
Bespoke additions to this F-Type include a new bike racking solution on the rear - which carries two of the team's Pinarello Bolide TT bikes - a separate electric supply in the boot powering the radios, amps, microphones, horns and television, and of course, that Team Sky livery.
Naturally, this is just a one-off and won't be offered up for full-scale production. Which is a pity, because as bike-racks go...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Road trip: hunting for old Minis in Chile
- A small British hatch. The driest, wildest place on Earth. What could go wrong?
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV