Jaguar has built this special, one-off F-Type Coupe to support Team Sky for Stage 20 of this year's Tour de France.
Vijay Pattni21 July 2014
Meet Jaguar’s Tour de France F-Type
One-off concept built to support Stage 20 of the TdF. S’charged 542bhp V8 also wants to help
It's based on the F-Type R Coupe, and as such comes with that lovely, supercharged 5.0-litre V8 producing 542bhp and 501lb ft of torque. 0-60mph? Four seconds dead, and it'll top out at 186mph. A bit quicker than Mr Froome, even when he was in one piece.
Bespoke additions to this F-Type include a new bike racking solution on the rear - which carries two of the team's Pinarello Bolide TT bikes - a separate electric supply in the boot powering the radios, amps, microphones, horns and television, and of course, that Team Sky livery.
Naturally, this is just a one-off and won't be offered up for full-scale production. Which is a pity, because as bike-racks go...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring