Lamborghini wrapped up its extensive 50th anniversary celebrations last year - which took in a 350-car hotride around Italy - with the reveal of a one-off, single seater Gallardo concept.
Vijay Pattni16 May 2014
Lamborghini Egoista: now on display
Bonkers one-off 600bhp single-seater concept is on permanent display in Lambo’s museum
That car is called the Lamborghini Egoista. The Lamborghini Egoista is an anti-radar material packed bizarro, and is available for permanent public viewing at the Lamborghini museum.
Yes, that means you lot out there can go and look at it; touch it, smell it.
If you're still sat there reading these words and not dashing off to Sant'Agata on the first chariot out*, then you might like to know about the Egoista. Based on the Gallardo and packing a modified version of its 5.2-litre V10, it produces a nice round 600bhp.
That exterior though, woah. It takes cues from an Apache helicopter, with side flanks designed so as to represent a ‘bull preparing to charge, horns lowered'. There's no aero on top, but flaps in the bodywork that open or close automatically depending on driving conditions.
It's all made of carbon fibre, aluminium and aeronautical-spec anti-radar material, with a single seat, racing harness and head-up display. It'll go in display first in the Lamborghini showroom, and then the museum.
So, would you mind telling us what you're still doing there reading this? GO GO GO!
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power