Vijay Pattni16 July 2014
Lambo Huracan racer is coming
2015 Super Trofeo car gets first shakedown at the Vallelunga circuit. Here’s a teaser
And the lucky git responsible for trying to break the limits of the new Huracan racer in this shakedown? Lambo's R&D chief tester Giorgio Sanna, who will "start the delicate task of fine-tuning the new Super Trofeo race car". Though with a monster V10, we imagine ‘delicate' might be an understatement.
That's right, the road-going Lamborghini Huracan boasts a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine, producing 603bhp and 413lb ft of torque. With all four wheels hooked up, that equates to a 0-62mph time of 3.2 seconds.
This racer is being tested at the Vallelunga circuit in Italy, and Sanna will test alongside Lamborghini Squadra Corse drivers Adrian Zaugg and Fabio Babini, and pilots from the Young Drivers Programme.
It'll race in the Blancpain Super Trofeo series next year, sharing the grid with the outgoing Gallardo, though both will race in different classes. Sanna's confident it'll be rather excellent, too. "The new Huracan Super Trofeo will ensure Lamborghini a key role in international motor sport," he said.
This we do not doubt. Still, Lambo, a word about that camo. Green'n'beige is great for hiding in forests and moorlands and the like, but it's not going to do the business on a track. Asphalt camo, that's what you need...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one