So there we were, quietly reminiscing about the time we drove the Nissan Juke R, when this video of a Skyline-powered Patrol popped up. Same recipe, different ingredients, more... Top Gear.
Matthew Jones21 October 2013
Man puts Skyline engine in Patrol
Watch what happens if you remix an old Nissan SUV
It's a lightly antiqued Nissan Patrol with an RB25DET shoved up it. RB stands for Race Bred. 25 stands for displacement (2.5-litres, in this case). D for double overhead cam. E for fuel injection. T for turbo-charged. And it's the powerplant you'd find in the hottest Skylines - spiritual father of the Nissan GT-R.
As you can see, it's quite keen to rev. And the driver's quite keen to find the limiter. But it's still wondrous, in a very silly way.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'