As we may have mentioned once or twice, Porsche is returning to race at Le Mans this weekend. They've been pretty good at the 24-hour endurance thing in the past, with 16 outright victories since the 1970s putting Stuttgart at the top of manufacturer leaderboard.
Vijay Pattni10 June 2014
Meet the Martini Porsche 911
To celebrate Porsche’s return to Le Mans, here’s a 911 that’s had a few drinks
In celebration, Porsche has rolled out 80 models of its 911 Carrera S decked out in the legendary ‘Martini' livery. This is the Martini Racing Edition 911.
As you can clearly see, there's a very large blue/red Martini stripe across the top and sides, two body colours (black or white), dashboard accents, a special front apron with an ‘optimised' spoiler lip and fixed rear spoiler.
Underneath is the Carrera S's 3.8-litre flat six, with a nice, round 400bhp, capable of sending the Martini Porsche from 0-62mph in 4.1 seconds (with the PDK gearbox).
And if you need some more Martini goodness, check out these classic beauties...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'