As we may have mentioned once or twice, Porsche is returning to race at Le Mans this weekend. They've been pretty good at the 24-hour endurance thing in the past, with 16 outright victories since the 1970s putting Stuttgart at the top of manufacturer leaderboard.
Vijay Pattni10 June 2014
Meet the Martini Porsche 911
To celebrate Porsche’s return to Le Mans, here’s a 911 that’s had a few drinks
In celebration, Porsche has rolled out 80 models of its 911 Carrera S decked out in the legendary ‘Martini' livery. This is the Martini Racing Edition 911.
As you can clearly see, there's a very large blue/red Martini stripe across the top and sides, two body colours (black or white), dashboard accents, a special front apron with an ‘optimised' spoiler lip and fixed rear spoiler.
Underneath is the Carrera S's 3.8-litre flat six, with a nice, round 400bhp, capable of sending the Martini Porsche from 0-62mph in 4.1 seconds (with the PDK gearbox).
And if you need some more Martini goodness, check out these classic beauties...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Why the McLaren 570S leaves me cold
- ‘Feels born of cynicism, not passion.’ Sam Philip puts the case against the new ‘baby’ McLaren