McLaren has built a one-off 650S Coupe that has been privy to a few upgrades from the ‘Special Operations' division.
Vijay Pattni28 April 2014
McLaren shows off 650S Concept
One-off coupe gets special bits from McLaren Special Operations, heads off to China
As we told you a while back, this McLaren special ops section is a team of 50 engineers whose sole purpose in life is to build unique one-offs. This 650S Coupe is the latest.
Not the most revolutionary of concepts, it nevertheless shows off some subtle upgrades including a carbon fibre rear diffuser and MSO-branded CF side blades, a GT3-inspured rear bumper, a carbon fibre airbrake and satin back engine covers. All very Dark Knight.
In fact, the whole car is finished in a special ‘Agrigan Black' paint - itself fused with ruby red metallic flake - while capping everything off is a set of lightweight 650S alloy wheels.
Inside, you get fixed-back carbon fibre racing seats - based on those found in the McLaren P1 - some 15kg lighter than standard, as well as satin carbon fibre flourishes around the cabin.
"MSO is monitoring reaction regarding any potential production examples," McLaren says. You could of course, just option these upgrades on your 650S if you wish.
Have a look through the pictures: you will notice that alongside the stealth 650S, there appears to be some lava bubbling through. Has Ron Dennis turned the McLaren Technology Centre into an ACTUAL Bond villain's lair?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance